Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bath and Body Haul

Yesterday after having some treatment for a nasty kidney stone I got a few presents from friends and family. Everyone knows that the Pinkster loves a bubble bath so it was hardly surprising that I received a few bath and body type gifts. How funny is it that people bring me beauty products instead of flowers when I'm sick.

Anyway just thought I would share my little haul with you and give my thoughts on the products I received. If there is anything that anyone would like me to review more thoroughly just let me know and I will happily oblige.



The Body Shop Milk Bath - This has been a firm favourite of mine for many years. I couldn't say how many tubs of this stuff I have been through but trust me it's lots! Just about every bath I ever have contains a couple of tablespoons of this white powder.

When applied to running bath water the white powder turns the water into a milky bath of bubbles. It is said to have a light fragrance but with all the other concoctions I add to my bath I seriously can't say that the smell has any significance. I find this quite moisturising and I love the creaminess it adds to the bath.

This retails at $13.95 for a 250g tub. This is excellent value for money considering the amount of product you get and The Body Shop recommends only using only 1 tablespoon per bath so 250 grams will last quite a while.

Pink Tip: Add some of your favourite bubble bath or shower gel with this to bath water to give yourself a milkshake style bath.

The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Polynesia Lime and Coconut Shower Gel - For those of you that like tropical scented products this will be right up you alley. Besides it smelling amazing it also contains rice and apricot stone which provide exfoliating properties. I have to say that this is definitely more of a shower gel than a scrub. The scrub particles are very mild and quite frankly don't provide a whole lot of exfoliation. It lathers very well and the scent is so gorgeous and uplifting.

The Spa Wisdom Coconut & Lime Shower Gel retails for $25.95 for 250ml. It's a little more expensive than The Body Shops normal line of shower gels but I really like this and will repurchase it.

Pink Tip: Decant this into a hand wash pump and leave it by the sink. It makes a gorgeous hand wash.




The Body Shop Shea Whip Body Lotion - This is one of my favourite body lotions. It is a whipped creamy light and fluffy consistency that absorbs rapidly into the skin leaving skin extremely soft, smooth and hydrated. It doesn't leave any greasy residue. I use this most mornings after my shower. It isn't scented so won't clash with any fragrance I apply.

Shea Whip Body Lotion retails for $21.95 for 250ml or $5.95 for the mini 60ml. I think this would be especially good for people with sensitive skin. I really love this lotion and it is definitely one that I use all the time. It is the perfect consistency for daytime or evening. I prefer to use a thicker body butter at night in winter but during the summer I use this a lot at night also.

I highly rate this product. It's simple but very effective. I definitely regard this as one of my top 10 body lotions.


The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream - Rich, creamy and hydrating this shower cream is luxury in a bottle. It is seriously good, lightly scented and lathers into a rich foam.

Shea Shower Cream retails for $12.95 for 250ml or $5.95 for the mini 60ml bottle.
The Body Shop Drench Sponge - This is very much like a sea sponge but is synthetically produced for environmental purposes. Upon contact with water this sponge is super soft and gives shower gels the most incredible lather. When dry the sponge becomes very hard but softens right up upon contact with water again. I love my drench sponge!

Drench Sponge retails for $16.95





Lush Grease Lightening - This gel is my new favourite zit zapper. It is a newly released Lush product containing thyme, tea tree, rosemary, witch hazel and aloe vera. It is a gel consistency and dries invisibly on the skin. It is also good for drying out any overly oily areas on your face.

Grease Lightening retails for $13.50 for a 45g bottle and comes with a handy pump.





Lily-Flame Morning Dewberry Scented Candle - As you would know from previous posts I absolutely love Lily-Flame candles. They are beautifully presented in a cute little tin and have a 35 hour burn time and throw a good scent. Lily-Flame candles are approximately $33 each. Morning Dewberry is a fresh, fruity scent.


Images Thanks To:


www.thebodyshop.com.au


www.lush.com.au


www.lilyflame.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Now you've done it! I was already contemplating a trip to the South the first weekend in March (there's a Uni thing on the Friday I feel I *must* attend). Now I really must, there is shopping to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I must try that Shea whip. Yum! x

    ReplyDelete