Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Review


For my Birthday I received products from The Body Shops Japanese Cherry Blossom range. I had been sniffing these products every time I popped into The Body Shop hoping that someone might get them for my Birthday or Christmas. Okay I dropped some hints e.g leaving little notes to Santa attached to the bathroom mirror, dragging friends into The Body Shop saying "oh isn't this nice, how cool would it be to get these products for my Birthday" LOL!

Anyway just a quick review on the products I received.

I would describe The Body Shops Japanese Cherry Blossom scent as a very soft, feminine, floral fragrance. The scent is very gentle and not at all overpowering but at the same time you can still smell it lingering gently on the skin for a couple of hours after application. It is certainly not a scent that you can't smell 5 minutes after applying but it also not a scent that lasts on my skin all day either.

This might sound really strange but I adore putting this scent on at night before hopping into bed. It somehow makes me feel pretty and feminine and I love to sniff it as I read my book before going off to sleep. That's not to say that I don't enjoy wearing it during the day either but it's such a pleasant experience for me to wear this scent to bed that it has kind of became my signature bed time fragrance. So does anyone else have a bed time fragrance?

Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel - This is a soap free shower gel that smells quite sweet as it lathers up in the shower. A gorgeous light pink colour, it cleans the skin and leaves a hint of fragrance behind once rinsed off.

Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter - I have to tell you I am a huge fan of The Body Shop's Body Butters and this one is probably my favourite scent out of all the Body Butters. I love the pale pink packaging with the black lid. I love the texture of the thick butter and it absorbs very easily into the skin without leaving any greasy residue. I tend to use the body butter on my arms, chest, tummy and back in the evenings before bed. The Body Butter makes my skin super soft and well hydrated.

Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Puree - I love this so much I just want to eat it up. It's a soft silky emulsion that the skin drinks up so quickly upon application. I prefer to use the Body Puree during the day or on my legs in the evenings. I find the Body Butters don't absorb into my legs very well so this lighter lotion is ideal. This leaves the skin deliciously scented, soft and smooth.

Japanese Cherry Blossom Ea De Toilette - This fragrance comes in a very simple but pretty 50ml bottle. The scent is quite light and contains soft floral, musk and sandalwood notes. This scent is perfect for the person who enjoys soft feminine scents which don't scream look at me to anyone within a 10 kilometer radius. It is so gentle and pretty, classy and understated. This fragrance also makes a gorgeous room and linen spray!







1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I deliberately avoid this every time I am near TBS, because I know one sniff and I will want it all.

    And now I want it all anyway lol!

    xo

    ReplyDelete