Wednesday, January 13, 2010

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Review

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils have became a firm favourite in my makeup collection. This is surprising because I am very much a high end cosmetics floozy and never really venture down to the lower end of the market. I am no snob but I admit there are certain brands that I always tend to gravitate toward ( hello M.A.C, Chanel, YSL, Dior, Giorgio Armani, By Terry, Nars, Stila and Co).

After hearing so many raves about these NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils on You Tube I decided I needed to try them out for myself so I ordered some online.

Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils are, as the name suggests, big chunky pencils for eyes. They have multiple uses as cream eye shadows, eye shadow bases and eye liners.

The texture of the pencils is very smooth, soft and creamy. The colour payoff is fantastic with lots of pigment. The product blends easily and smudges well.

The only fault I can find with these pencils is that if a lid primer isn't used (eg Urban Decay Primer Potion) they will tend to crease a little bit. However I always use a lid primer and by doing so don't experience any creasing at all.

The pencils come in a wide variety of colours and the beauty of them is that they are so inexpensive that everyone can try them and the quality is great.

The Colours I have so far include:

Black Bean - Black
Iced Mocha - Shimmery Cool Chocolate
Pots & Pans - Dark Silvery Grey
Dark Brown - Dark Chocolate Brown
Milk - Creamy White
Horse Radish - Silvery Mid Green
Oyster - Light Icy Pink
Slate - Dark Grey/Purple
Lavender - Iced Lilac
Purple - Dark Purple

Overall I love these pencils. They are very easy to use and glide on like silk. I use mine as cream eye shadows or I layer powder shadows over the top (this makes the powder shadow colour pop like nobodies business).

I wouldn't advise anyone to carry these pencils around in their bags on very hot days as the pencils are so soft they will most certainly melt or break.

In case anyone is interested I purchase my NYX Jumbo Pencils in Australia from www.crushcosmetics.com.au and they cost $4.95 each. They are .5 gram in weight.


*I am not affiliated with Crush Cosmetics
Image Thanks To www.nyxcosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment