Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Christmas is such a magical time of year. I love every aspect of Christmas from decorating the tree to wrapping gifts and singing carols (albeit rather badly).

In my family Christmas really doesn't begin until 12.00am on December 25th because it is my Birthday on Christmas Eve and my Parents have always made Christmas Eve all about me and my Birthday and heaven help anyone that tries to give me a combined Christmas/Birthday present or card (you wouldn't believe how many relatives try and get away with this lol).

So we are just preparing to have Pink Cupcakes with my God Children to celebrate me becoming another year older. It's so lovely to have all of my family around me. The best presents I received today was a hug and a kiss from all of my family and my Godson giving me a present that he made all by himself. You simply can't put a price on those things.

Tonight we will watch Carols on tv as we bring out the family Christmas ornaments and hang them on our tree. We have very special Christmas ornaments hand painted with all our family members names on each one. When someone passes away another family member will hang the ornament in their honor. I love this tradition and even if someone has died it doesn't make me sad at Christmas, it makes me feel really lucky and blessed that we had them in our lives at all. I am certainly a big believer in the phrase "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all".

Tonight we will hang our stockings in the lounge room of Mum and Dad's house and spread reindeer food up the driveway so that Santa will find his way to our door (we don't have a chimney). We will drink Eggnog and all give thanks for the many blessings we have in our lives. Mum will be roasting meat and wrapping last minute gifts. Dad will be annoying Mum. My Brother will be tipsy, J will be asleep on the couch and I will be entertaining my God Children until they go to bed around 9.30. At midnight I will slip out to Mass as I do every year.

It may surprise some people to learn that I am quite religious. It certainly isn't something I discuss with anyone. Members of my own immediate family don't even share my views. My religious and spiritual beliefs are something very personal to me. My faith is strong and it has seen me through some very difficult times in my life.

I just want to wish everyone a very Merry, Safe, Joyous Christmas. Sending you all lots of love, hugs and kisses at this very special time of year.

Be grateful for what you have, don't worry what you haven't got because in the end all that really matters is there here and now. As long as we have each other we are the richest people on earth.

Merry Christmas 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment